Date: October 27, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: National Museum of Industrial History 602 East 2nd Street Bethlehem, PA 18015 http://nmih.org/
DNA testing shows your genetic ethnicity, but would you like to like to know more? Are you the family historian or would you like to be? Would you like to discover who your ancestors were and where did they come from? Or, do you just have a few blank spaces on your family tree and need some help branching out?
Genealogy databases are the second most visited sites on the internet with the number of people interested in learning their lineage growing monthly! Come and discover your genealogy at a family history workshop in partnership with the National Museum of Industrial History. The day will include:
• 10:00-11:00: A presentation by Tom McCullough from the Moravian Archives on discovering family history and making connections to his heritage, including how to handle roadblocks.
• 11:00-12:00: A workshop where you will have access to genealogy resource volunteers and a tutorial on how to use online tools and databases
• 12:00-12:30: Lunch on your own.
• 12:30-1:30: Peter Hodson, PhD candidate at Queen’s University, North Ireland Peter Hodson discussing the tradition of oral history
• 1:30-3:00: A continuation of the earlier workshop and an opportunity to share your (your families) oral history and contribute to the on-going Forging Community project at the National Museum of Industrial History.
Please bring your own laptop or tablet, pencils, and notebook. Information about different ancestral on-line programs will be sent out after registration.
532 Main Street
Tel.: ( +1 ) 610-868-9599
Fax: ( +1 ) 610-868-9730