The Celtic Cultural Alliance is pleased to present a Celtic Songwriting Contest, sponsored by Martin Guitar and Sellersville Theatre. As part of our continued educational programming, this contest will encourage the continued tradition of Celtic tunes.
This contest is open to all amateur songwriters, and we encourage young and old to enter!
Open to all amateur song writers, we encourage everyone young and old to enter! One winner will be chosen and give the opportunity to perform at the Sellersville Theater.
This year’s judges will be:
Graham Wright – Glengarry Bhoys
Gerry Timlin – Timlin & Kane
1. Contestant earning the most points from the judges will be awarded:
a. One (1) Martin Guitar DRSG with case & six (6) sets of MSP4200 strings
b. The opportunity to audition as the opening act (two (2) songs) at the Sellersville Theater prior to a scheduled performance.
2. 1 to 5 points will be awarded in each of 3 categories:
a. Lyrics - easy to understand, do they rhyme, and do they convey the story/idea of the song?
b. Melody - good tune, catchy, easy to sing and to listen to?
c. Performance - does the performer do a good job singing the song and selling it to the audience?
1. Competitor must be an amateur
2. Song must be original
3. Song must be played on guitar
4. Song must have lyrics
a. Lyrics must be submitted with registration.
5. Song must be no longer than 3 minutes 30 seconds, or it will result in disqualification.
6. Entry must be postmarked by 09/01/2018.
7. All judges’ decisions are final.
8. Contest is limited to the first 15 applications with lyrics.
9. The lyrics must have a Celtic theme.
10. Previous winners may not participate in the competition
Entrants must perform for a panel of judges in person at Celtic Classic on Saturday, 10:00am at the Celtic Heritage Hollow stage.
532 Main Street
Tel.: ( +1 ) 610-868-9599
Fax: ( +1 ) 610-868-9730