Celtic Song Writing Contest
The Celtic Cultural Alliance is pleased to present once again, the Celtic Song Writing Contest. As part of our continued educational programming, this contest will encourage the continued tradition of Celtic tunes.
Open to all amateur song writers, we encourage everyone young and old to enter! One winner will be chosen and give the opportunity to perform at the Sellersville Theater.
This year’s judges will be:
Graham Wright – Glengarry Bhoys
Gerry Timlin – Timlin & Kane
- Competitor must be an amateur
- Song must be original
- Song must be played on guitar
- Song must have lyrics
- Song must be no longer than 3 minutes 30 seconds
- Entry must be postmarked by 09/01/2017
- All judges’ decisions are final
Entrants will perform (original material) for a panel of judges at the Celtic Classic on Saturday, 10:30 in the Pub Tent.
1 to 5 points will be awarded in each of 3 categories:
1. Lyrics - easy to understand, do they rhyme, and do they convey the story/idea of the song?
2. Melody - good tune, catchy, easy to sing and to listen to?
3. Performance - does the performer do a good job singing the song and selling it to the audience?
The person earning the most points will be awarded an opportunity to perform as the opening act (2 songs) at the Sellersville Theater (date to be determined by Sellersville Theater), prior to a scheduled performance.
Submit entry forms to:
CCA – Songwriting Contest
532 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018