About Celtic Classic
The 27th Annual Celtic Classic is presented by Celtic Cultural Alliance, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the Celtic heritage through education, musical presentations, and traditional competitions in athletics, piping and dance. The Celtic Classic is a celebration of Celtic culture and heritage. As a part of this celebration the following events and activities take place:
Four stages of continuous entertainment featuring international, national and regional artists.
- The Celtic Classic Invitational Pipe Band Competition
- US National Highland Athletic Championships
- The “Showing of the Tartan” Parade (parade route) Kicks off at 11:30
- Haggis Competition
- Whiskey Tasting Event
- The 17th Annual Celtic Classic Fiddle Competition
- A diverse marketplace of Celtic crafts, merchandise and collectibles
- Kids Craft Tent
The Celtic Classic Hours are:
- Friday - 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Saturday - 9:30 am - 11:00 pm
- Sunday - 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
The Celtic Classic grounds are wheelchair-accessible. However, due to the large size and natural terrain, it can be difficult to navigate the grounds with a wheelchair. You must have a State-issued placard to park in the limited street handicapped reserved parking spaces. Handicapped parking is available on Conestoga Street and Lehigh Street. Handicapped restroom locations: Piping Grove, Grand Courtyard (near First Aid RV) and Main Street (across from Highland Field).
FREE. The Celtic Classic is presented without an admission fee.
ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
For the banking convenience of our Festival patrons, ATM machines are located on-site in the Grand Marketplace. See 2015 Festival Map for exact locations.
The Celtic Classic historically attracts over 260,000 visitors to downtown Historic Bethlehem. Bethlehem is located at the junction of Lehigh and Northampton Counties, in the Lehigh Valley of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Residents of the Lehigh Valley comprise approximately forty percent (40%) of the patrons, while the remaining sixty percent (60%) are visitors from areas throughout the United States and abroad.
Can be purchased at: the Grand Courtyard, Highland Field, and The Glen. Available: Coca-Cola Products, Bottled Water, Wines, Coffee, and Hot Chocolate. Payment: Food and Beverage Tickets. Our new 21 and over selection is:
- Miller Lite
- Guinness Blonde
- Magner's Irish Cider
- Connemara, Tyrconnell and 2 Gingers – Found in 2 Gingers Irish Pub Tent only
- Barefoot Cellars Chardonnay, Malbec, Refresh Sweet White, Refresh Perfectly Pink
2 Gingers Irish Pub Tent
- 2 Gingers
- Laphroaig 10
- Auchentoshan American Oak
- Jim Beam Apple
First Aid and Emergency
First Aid Locations: Grand Courtyard (under bridge arch). First Aid treatment available only. If additional treatment is necessary, an ambulance will transport you to the hospital and charges will be made by the appropriate hospital and ambulance service. First Aid stations sponsored by St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem.
Festival Rules and Regulations
- No animals, with the exception of service animals, are permitted on the grounds.
- No vehicles may park in unauthorized parking area. Visitors may be towed away at the owner’s expense, without notice. Please use the parking facilities.
- No vendors may set up their wares, except for those already contracted by Celtic Cultural Alliance.
- No printed materials, including political material aimed at any person or party, may be distributed during the festival without prior approval by the Celtic Cultural Alliance Board of Directors.
- All bicycles must be walked through the grounds. Skateboards and roller blades are not permitted.
- Do not swim or wade in the creek, canal or river.
- Portable tape players and/or radios are not permitted on the festival site.
- Do not smoke in prohibited areas. No drugs or illegal activities will be tolerated at the festival.
- Food and Beverage not purchased on festival grounds are absolutely prohibited. No coolers or picnic baskets are allowed.
- Do not carry alcoholic beverages outside of the areas where these beverages are served. It is against state law to do so and you will be stopped.
- Celtic Cultural Alliance follows regulations established by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board. Proper ID must be presented upon request.