Dates: Mondays, October 23- November 27*
*Wednesday, November 8
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Cost: $50 $45 for CCA Members
Location: Great Room, Red Stag Pub, 532 Main St., Bethlehem PA 18018
Gerry Timlin will delight the audience with his musical talents and Irish wit over a six week series as he transport his audience from the 19th century Irish Classical Music into the present day.
• October 23: Irish Classical Music and Traditional Irish Music
• October 30: Tin Pan Alley: Harrigan and Hart and George M. Cohen
• November 8: The Players and Composers of Irish Music.
• November 13: The Flanagan Brothers, The McNulty Family and Patsy Touhey.
• November 20: The Connections between Irish and Irish American, Hill Billy, Blue Grass and Appalachian Music.
• November 27: Folk Musicians, Ballad and Sean Nos singers, Collectors and Performers. Popular Acts of the 1960s to today and their influence in American and International Music.
Gerry Timlin, a great favorite of Celtic Classic, has enjoyed success all over the world. He was born in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, where he developed an early interest in traditional Irish music and in folk music. From the beginning, Gerry displayed musical talent, winning several singing competitions in Northern Ireland when he was still in the teens. He moved to the USA in the early seventies, and has been delighting audiences with his smooth baritone voice and his irreverent humor ever since.
532 Main Street
Tel.: ( +1 ) 610-868-9599
Fax: ( +1 ) 610-868-9730